TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Application and entire agreement
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods detailed in our quotation (Goods) by the buyer (you) from
Chiltern Ridge a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at Chiltern Ridge, Old Sax Lane, Chartridge, Buckinghamshire, HP5 2TB (we or us).
- These Terms and Conditions will be deemed to have been accepted by you when you accept them or the quotation or from the date of any delivery of the Goods (whichever happens earlier) and will constitute the entire agreement between us and you.
- These Terms and Conditions and the quotation (together, the Contract) apply to the purchase and sale of any Goods between us and you, to the exclusion of any other terms that you try to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- A “business day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday in England and Wales.
- The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
- Words imparting the singular number include the plural and vice-versa.
- The description of the Goods is set out in our sales documentation, unless expressly changed in our quotation. In accepting the quotation you acknowledge that you have not relied upon any statement, promise or other representations about the Goods by us. Descriptions of the Goods set out in our sales documentation are intended as a guide only.
- We can make any changes to the specification of the Goods which are required to conform to any applicable safety or other statutory or regulatory requirements.
Inspection and acceptance of Goods
- You must inspect the Goods on delivery or collection.
- If you identify any damages or shortages, you must inform us in writing within1
of delivery, providing details.
- Other than by agreement, we will only accept returned Goods if we are satisfied that those Goods are defective and if required, have carried out an inspection.
- Subject to your compliance with this clause and/or our agreement, you may return the Goods and we will, as appropriate, repair, or replace, or refund the Goods or part of them.
- We will be under no liability or further obligation in relation to the Goods if:
- if you fail to provide notice as set above; and/or
- you make any further use of such Goods after giving notice under the clause above relating to damages and shortages; and/or
- the defect arises because you did not follow our oral or written instructions about the storage, commissioning, installation, use and maintenance of the Goods; and/or
- the defect arises from normal wear and tear of the Goods; and/or
- the defect arises from misuse or alteration of the Goods, negligence, wilful damage or any other act by you, your employees or agents or any third parties.
- You bear the risk and cost of returning the Goods.
- Acceptance of the Goods will be deemed to be upon inspection of them by you and in any event within1
Risk and title
- The risk in the Goods will pass to you on completion of delivery.
- Title to the Goods will not pass to you until we have received payment in full (in cash or cleared funds) for: (a) the Goods and/or (b) any other goods or services that we have supplied to you in respect of which payment has become due.
- Until title to the Goods has passed to you, you must (a) hold the Goods on a fiduciary basis as our bailee; and/or (b) store the goods separately and not remove, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the Goods; and/or (c) keep the Goods in satisfactory condition and keep them insured against all risks for their full price from the date of delivery.
- As long as the Goods have not been resold, or irreversibly incorporated into another product, and without limiting any other right or remedy we may have, we can at any time ask you to deliver up the Goods and, if you fail to do so promptly, enter any of your premises or of any third party where the Goods are stored in order to recover them.
- We can terminate the sale of Goods under the Contract where:
- you commit a material breach of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions;
- you are or become or, in our reasonable opinion, are about to become the subject of a bankruptcy order or take advantage of any other statutory provision for the relief of insolvent debtors;
- you enter into a voluntary arrangement under Part 1 of the Insolvency Act 1986, or any other scheme or arrangement is made with your creditors; or
- you convene any meeting of your creditors, enter into voluntary or compulsory liquidation, have a receiver, manager, administrator or administrative receiver appointed in respect of your assets or undertakings or any part thereof, any documents are filed with the court for the appointment of an administrator, notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given by you or any of your directors or by a qualifying floating charge holder (as defined in para. 14 of Schedule B1 of the Insolvency Act 1986), a resolution is passed or petition presented to any court for the winding up of your affairs or for the granting of an administration order, or any proceedings are commenced relating to your insolvency or possible insolvency.
Limitation of liability
- Our liability under the Contract, and in breach of statutory duty, and in tort, misrepresentation or otherwise will be limited to this clause.
- Subject to the clauses above on Inspection and Acceptance and Risk and Title, all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law (save for those implied by Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If we do not deliver the Goods, our liability is limited, subject to the clause below, to the costs and expenses incurred by you in obtaining replacement goods of similar description and quality in the cheapest market available, less the price of the Goods.
- Our total liability will not, in any circumstances, exceed the total amount of the Price payable by you.
- We will not be liable (whether caused by our employees, agents or otherwise) in connection with the Goods, for:
- any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, or expenses; and/or
- any loss of profits; loss of anticipated profits; loss of business; loss of data; loss of reputation or goodwill; business interruption; or, other third party claims; and/or
- any failure to perform any of our obligations if such delay or failure is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control; and/or
- any losses caused directly or indirectly by any failure or breach by you in relation to your obligations; and/or
- any loss relating to the choice of the Goods and how they will meet your purpose or the use by you of the Goods supplied.
- The exclusions of liability contained within this clause will not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or limit our liability; and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- When providing the Goods to the Buyer, the Seller may gain access to and/or acquire the ability to transfer, store or process personal data of employees of the Buyer.
- The parties agree that where such processing of personal data takes place, the Buyer shall be ‘data controller’ and the Seller shall be the ‘data processor’ as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as may be amended, extended and/or re-enacted from time to time.
- For the avoidance of doubt, ‘Personal Data’, ‘Processing’, ‘Data Controller’, ‘Data Processor’ and ‘Data Subject’ shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
- The Seller shall only Process Personal Data to the extent reasonably required to enable it to provide the Goods as mentioned in these terms and conditions or as requested by and agreed with the Buyer, shall not retain any Personal Data longer than necessary for the Processing and refrain from Processing any Personal Data for its own or for any third party’s purposes.
- The Seller shall not disclose Personal Data to any third parties other than employees, directors, agents, subcontractors or advisors on a strict “need-to-know” basis and only under the same (or more extensive) conditions as set out in these terms and conditions or to the extent required by applicable legislation and/or regulations.
- The Seller shall implement and maintain technical and organisational security measures as are required to protect Personal Data Processed by the Seller on behalf of the Buyer. For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can contact at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the party in question.
- No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- If one or more of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that / those provisions shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions (which will remain valid and enforceable).
Law and jurisdiction
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.